How to make your Blog noticed on Google (SEO)
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is The technical way and method of improving or optimizing your site/ blog.
Many Bloggers and website owners don't make their site optimized for SEO, because they do not even know WHAT IT IS, HOW IT WORKS, All they think is to post a content or blog post and SHAZAM.... It appears on Google first page...... 😂
To make SEO Work well for you, you need to know your audience, understand your competition, be able yo describe and analyse the problems you solve for your visitors.
There are Two types of SEO You will need to increase traffic to your Blog. Which are ON-PAGE SEO and OFF-PAGE SEO.
This includes and involves things you do on your page to improve the ability of search engine to find and notice your site and blog.
ON-PAGE SEO Includes
- Title Header: well..... This is a very important part of a website that makes Google and other search engine know that your blog is really important. The Title of your page should be like a short summary of the whole blog content.
- URLs: Creating Titles for any of your blog post on your site, you want to ensure that they are made up of keywords that search engine would recognize. for instance, you created a blog tiltled : Off page SEO: Tips and guide. the URL should be yoursite.com/offpageseotips, but not the whole title.
- Include images in your contents:When creating a content, be used to mixing your content with images, Search engine believes Content with images gives more relevant description and explanations. Learn how to include images with your contents for better SEO.
- Optimized images: Creating an image for your blog, you will have to optimize it for SEO by naming the image with the keywords in it.
* Don't steal images - Stealing images is a crime and goes against policy, Google penalizes sites that steals images, Create your own image or if possible buy images with no copyright claim on it
- Body Text: This strategy is unfamiliar to many bloggers, but your body text must contain Keywords in them, the keywords you want to rank for SEO should appear within the first 100 words in the body text.
- Device Friendly Design: If you have a website or blog that doesn't work on any devices, you are 85% at risk, and all search engines can penalize your site, so you have to make your website and Blog device friendly for SEO.
- Outbound links: A blog or site with a great outbound to credible sources for the information and news you are sharing with your visitors tends to trigger Google that your site has important information in it, For SEO, You have to link to other informative source on other websites.
- Internal linking: This can increase Your search engine optimization and how Search engine crawls on your website, and also helps your reader stay on your page for a long time which decreases your website and blog bounce rate and increases Page views.
* BOUNCE RATE: This is the rate in which your audience or visitors bounce off or moves away from your Blog or website.
- In-depth Contents: Obviously Google doesn't rank blogs with lesser informative contents, rather those with long and in depth contents.
This includes links building and social media recognition, if possible Google ads, Facebook ads and TV ads can also be considered ad an OFF-PAGE SEO. Essentially any traffic generating activities that is /was not done on your website or blog is considered Off-page SEO
By doing this correctly, helps you get more traffic either by pushing them into your site ot creating more links to your site via guest post, Social media activities.
Also read Top Blogging Secrets
- Building Backlinks : This has been so useful to website ranking and SEO.
BACKLINKS are links pointing to your website from another website, this tells Google and search engines that your website has useful contents In them.
Now people also ask, How can they build Backlinks?
Building Backlinks isn't so easy and not so difficult.
Backlinks can be built by
- Guest posting
- Creating contents that other website likes to link to
- Commenting on other blogs post
- Link websites to social media profiles
We have 2 types of Backlinks
#1. DoFollow Backlink
A Do-Follow Backlink is the one which has a powerful action in passing the link juice to the destination URL by commanding the Search Engine Bot to follow the link. If a link relation is given as Do-Follow, then you will get a good boost over SERP.
#2. No Follow Backlink
A No-Follow Backlink is similar as the Do-Follow Backlink with opposite characteristics. The No-Follow Backlink commands the Search Engine Bot not to follow the link that he/she pointing to the other source. It partially boosts your SERP as well.
Keywords and Key phrases
Try to understand that there are keywords and key phrases, A long rain keywords is long, includes modifiers and more information, while a short tail keyword is short and often consist of only one word
⭐ Use keywords and key phrases throughout your content for SEO, they should fit right in, I'm the middle of contents of a Blog
⭐ Write Normally like you speak: This is the best thing to be done if you want your Blog to be optimized for SEO, Write how you talk, don't try to sound and write like other people, this will make your content interactive and interesting for your audience.